MCD is effective for research on electronic states of molecules and atoms obtained through optical activity induced by a magnetic field. Permanent magnet, electromagnets and superconducting magnets are available.
MCD signal intensity is proportional to the magnetic field strength applied, so different types of magnets can be used:
CRYS-415 - Liquid N2 cryostat for solids for electromagnets
- Permanent magnets with field up to 1.4 tesla at ambient temperature
- Electromagnets with field up to 1.5 tesla and low temperature cryostats
- Superconducting magnets with field of 8 tesla (and more)
- PM-420 Permanent magnet 1.4 tesla
- MCD-411 Electromagnet .8 tesla, water cooled
- MCD-412 Electromagnet 1 tesla, water cooled
- MCD-413 Electromagnet 1.25 tesla, water cooled
- MCD-414 Electromagnet 1.5 tesla, water cooled
The CRYS-415 is a liquid nitrogen cryostat for solid samples, temperature range from ambient down to -150° C. Accepts solid samples with up to 10 mm diameter. The TC-22HK temperature control unit is required.
CRYL-416 - Liquid N2 cryostat for liquids for electromagnets
The CRYS-416 is a liquid nitrogen cryostat for liquid samples, temperature range from ambient down to -150° C. For rectangular cells with up to 5 mm path. The TC-22HK temperature control unit is required.
Click here to request more information.